Friday, July 6, 2012

Review: The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Daughter
(The Iron Fey #3)

Author: Julie Kagawa

Publication Date: January 25th, 2011

Publisher: Harlequin Teen

Genre: Urban Fantasy

GoodReads

Synopsis:

My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.


My Thoughts: I have to say that out of all The Iron Fey series so far, this is by far my favorite. I also decided while reading this that I'm going to get a grey cat with a bottle brush tail and name him Grimalkin. Why? Because I freaking love that cat! But yes, so far, this is my favorite in the series. The story just seemed so much more involved. It was faster paced and there was more action. I don't know if I can really say that Julie Kagawa's writing got better in this one, since I think her writing  is amazing, but I guess that makes it super amazing in this book because I literally could not put this book down.

So what happens in this one? Well, it starts off right where The Iron Daughter left off. So with Meghan and Ash being exiled. So they decide to go visit Meghan's family, only to find some iron fey waiting for them. So Meghan decides that they can't take that kind of danger to her family, so they decide to go see if good old Lea will help them (the Queen of the Exiles). She does, of course and them who comes begging for help but BOTH the Summer and Winter courts. And they come offering an end to their banishments from the Nevernever. All Meghan has to do is defeat the false king. Should be easy peasy for her considering she already took care of one Iron King. Easier said than done right? So off goes Meghan, Ash, Puck and Grimalkin (of course) into the Iron Kingdom on a task that is suicidal. Can they do it? Gaining the freedom to go back into the Nevernever, we shall see.

I felt as though Meghan stepped up a lot in The Iron Queen. She seems to have grown up a lot and isn't a whiney teenager so much anymore. She still not perfect, but she tries to do the right thing. Things are going pretty awesomely with Ash for her. She has her real dad back (even if he's slightly deranged), and much to her displeasure, Puck managed to get himself banished with her and she still hasn't forgiven him (that might be a bit childish but hey, he lied to her for 11 years!) And of course, she has her favorite, sarcastic cat following her around for entertainment (oh how I love him!).

So as I said, The Iron Queen is thus far my favorite book it the series and I can see why it is so hyped. I'm definitely looking forward to reading The Iron Knight and the series is quickly becoming a favorite for me. So yes, if you like fantasy and have not read this series. DO IT NOW!! It is seriously amazing. The writing is wonderful and it's easy to get lost in the pages. The story is fun and original. And Ash is a freaking hottie and I'm still going to be routing for him! Seriously, go read it! I wish I had sooner!

2 comments:

  1. I need to keep reading this series! I read the first one, then stopped. THEN I read a spoiler and decided to wait on it. Of course, now I can't remember what the spoiler was, so it might be a good time to pick the second one up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED this one soooo much!! This series is definitely worth reading! Spoilersare why I almost never read book reviews on books I really want to read..lol I hope you do pick them back up for a read!

      Delete

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.